Just like any article you would read on the internet, herpes is a viral infection that infects the mouth, lips, nose, eyes, chin, genital, and rectal regions. There are two types of herpes simplex virus, HSV1 and HSV2. HSV1 is the virus that causes fever blisters or cold sores while HSV2 usually causes genital herpes.
There are numerous natural remedies to treat herpes virus and lessen its outbreaks. Here are additional natural remedies to lessen the itching and pain and speed up the healing process.
1. You should manage your stress. Stress is known to trigger outbreaks of herpes. To relieve your stress, you can have a massage therapy, meditation, breathing exercises, and yoga. Anything that can make you relaxed!
2. Herbal remedies for treating herpes virus.
- To soothe the itching, aloe vera is very helpful. It can also speed up the healing process.
- Lemon balm is another herb that can fight against herpes.
- Goldenseal carries an antibiotic property that has the ability to treat herpes
- Tea tree oil is another option for treating herpes virus
3. You should stay away from foods that are rich in arginine and increase intake of Lysine instead. Foods that are rich in lysine are brewer yeast, meat, milk, pears, papaya, apples, potatoes, lima beans, eggs, and cheese. Foods that are rich in arginine are gelatin, lobster, pine nuts buckwheat, beef, macadamia nuts, peacans, corn, onions, brown rice, pumpkin seeds, wheat flour, grain cereals, beer, cola, chocolate, and pumpkin.
4. Stay away from foods that contain aspartame. Aspartame is known as an artificial sweetener. Make sure that you check the label before buying foods from the grocery store. These foods are proven to trigger herpes outbreaks.
5. Avoid physical contact or touching the infected skin area the time you start seeing symptoms like burning, itching, and tingling until the herpes have healed completely.
6. If you make physical contact with an infected area, immediately wash your hands with warm water and disinfectant soap. This will kill the herpes virus and prevent it from spreading.